Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday 4/17: $50 to spend the day...


Because we're going to a car show early tomorrow morning, we're just going to stay at Hans' folks' house tonight.

So, I went into work with Hans, and took the car from there to bum around for the day and he said I should go shopping; enjoy some retail therapy. He said I should spend no less than $50 on stuff. I didn't think I'd be able to spend $50, but with some encouragement, I did.

Here's how the day broke down:

Took the car from Hans, drove from Sylmar back to The Old Road and went to Walmart. Bought a pink shirt on clearance for $3, some blank greeting cards to embellish and sell for $5 and some quotes on vellum to use for crafting for about $2.

Went on to Old Navy where I bought a denim skirt for $4, a pair of brown capri pants for $3 and a reusable tote bag for $1, but got 10% off the order so that pretty much made the tote bag free.

From there, I walked to Michael's where I bought 5 stamps for $1 a piece.

I drove down to Lyons Ave. and went to the dollar store. I bought 6 packets of veggie/rice dinner sides for $3 (I served them once for dinner, and Hans mentioned he liked them.) I also got 2 jars of minced garlic (I go through it like crazy while cooking!) and a Harry Potter 20 Questions game for my sister Holly.

I was a big spender at Rite-Aid where I bought the stuff to do my nails. I got a nail file, nail clippers, a pack of 48 nails, a bottle of brush-on nail glue for my nails, and a tube of mascara for $12.
I drove back to Sylmar, and did my nails in the car before calling him to tell him I was there for lunch.

We went to lunch and I gave him the receipts for all my purchases! He was teasing me that he would want to see receipts to prove I spent at least $50. I was only up to $40 though by lunch time.

We went to a Mexican restaurant in Library Plaza in San Fernando. Afterwards, I just hung out at the library, checked out some books and sat in the courtyard and read my books while he went back to finish out the day. I went to a little coffeeshop in the Plaza and got a blended iced chai tea to drink.


Right before Hans came to get me, I spent my remaining money on some cookies from a nearby Mexican bakery so we'd have something for dessert after dinner with his parents.


We picked up KFC for dinner and went to his parent's house. We cleaned up his truck, and got it finished up for the show the next day.


We had a firepit fire in the back yard and roasted marshmallows. It was a nice night!