Saturday, August 22, 2009

Had a nice day!

I had such a nice day today!

First I got up early and went to Stacey's for the garage sale. It was fun to just hang out and chat, and make money at the same time! I got rid of a few odds-and-ends that I didn't need.

After that, I picked up some thread to finish the "fairy godmother" dress I'm working on.

Then I drove to Goodwill and donated the rest of the stuff from the garage sale that didn't sell. I have to admit, my "hoarding" tendencies are always just under the surface, and I couldn't help wondering if I should hang on to the stuff, or try to find another way to make sure it got to the "right person" who "really needed it". The reality is, when I decide to let something out of my life, I just need to let it go. I can't put conditions on where it goes. So, I dropped the stuff off at Goodwill, and felt all the lighter for it.

Then I went to Charo Chicken and had a Thai chicken burrito. It was pretty good!

Then I went to the Quartz Hill Library and got a few books to read this week. I checked out a couple CDs to add to my iTunes (and eventually!) to the iPod I'm giving to Holly.

Then I went to CVS and picked up some new nail polish, base coat and top coat. Doing my nails is a cheap and easy way to perk myself up, and "splurging" for a bottle of polish now and again isn't going to make or break me.

Then I went to Midsummer Fairies for the women's discussion group. As always it was so nice and refreshing to be out and about, talking with people. We talked about "letting go", as the "freeing of the garage sale leftovers" was still somewhat on my mind.

One of the women there had a sense of our personalities, and was telling us about what she "felt" coming from us. I think everyone likes to hear about themselves, certainly I do. She said that I had an earthy feel about me, that like the earth I had many layers, and there was the chaotic core thrashing around inside, but on the outside I radiated a certain strength and welcoming. She really hit on it when she said that it seemed like there was a little person inside of me just needing a hug, but when she said that, she crossed her arms in front of herself like she was hugging herself and rocking back and forth. That's so what's inside me.

I don't know if I like hearing about myself more than other people, but I know I definitely do like hearing about myself. I try to send out a positive, welcoming energy as much as I can, because I'm always seeking out input from others, like if I connect with enough other people, I'll meet the people who have the keys to open the secrets inside myself.

Then, as I was leaving, one of the guys that works at the store said that with my hair done the way it was (in like pigtail knots) that I looked like this one fairy statue they have (that I have too, because I like it so much)! Who doesn't like a compliment!

It was great to enjoy time with others today, and get out and talk with people.